Animal Control

Animal control services are provided through the City's Bylaw Services Department.

Impounded Pets

Impounded pets are sent to Northwest Kennels, a private Kennel operator located at 1310 Monashee Drive, North Vancouver (east of Capilano University and south of the City Cemetery). Impounded pets can be claimed during normal business hours upon paying a kennel fee.

Missing Dog

If your dog is missing, you can contact an Animal Control Officer or Northwest Kennels at 604-985-4913.

Report Animal Cruelty or Neglect

To report animal cruelty or neglect, call the toll-free SPCA Emergency Line at 1-855-622-7722. The call centre is open seven days per week Mon to Fri: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sat & Sun: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Resources to help maintain a well-behaved canine community in North Vancouver:

North Vancouver Recreation Commission

The North Vancouver Recreation Commission (NVRC) offers pet care programs ranging from puppy training to dog obedience. Various levels and locations are available. Visit the NVRC website for the latest online Leisure Guide, and look for the pet care programs are found under the "General" section of the guide.

North Shore SPCA

The North Shore Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is located in West Vancouver. The centre offers many courses and seminars and is a great resource for dog owners. The SPCA also responds to calls about animal cruelty or neglect.

Dogs in City Parks

For more information on dogs in City parks and dog etiquette, visit Dogs in City Parks.

Contact Info

Animal Control Services
Tel:  604-982-8302 | Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 5:00pm
Tel: 604-607-1651 | After hours

Related Documents
Share |