Bylaw Complaint Process

Bylaw complaints may be made by either phone or email. When reporting an alleged violation, please provide the following:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone number
  • The address or location of the alleged violation
  • Any identifying information (e.g. business name)
  • A brief summary of the alleged infraction as well as any involvement you've had in attempting to resolve the matter

Note: Your personal information is kept confidential. We contact you if releasing your information is required to pursue further enforcement action. The City would normally seek your consent before proceeding with such action, although we reserve the right to proceed based on the public good (most often giving consideration for public safety).

Once the information is received, a Bylaw Enforcement Officer will be assigned to investigate the matter. When the investigation is complete, the Bylaw Enforcement Officer may contact you with information about the investigation, whether a violation occurred, and plans for resolution of the matter.

Some complaints are easily remedied, while others take more time to rectify.

Contact Info

Bylaw Services
Tel:  604-982-8302 | Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 5:00pm

Share |