Additional Resources

Not every non-urgent matter requires a call to a police non-emergency line. Knowing who to call when you have a problem will help ensure you get the assistance you need as quickly as possible, while keeping critical lines free for genuine police matters.


9-8-8 Suicide Crisis Helpline

Call or text 9-8-8 to access bilingual, trauma-informed, and culturally appropriate mental health and suicide prevention support.



For information and referrals to social, community and government services in British Columbia, call 2-1-1.


BC Crisis Line

For mental health support where there is no immediate risk to someone’s safety, call 310-6789 (no area code needed). If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, but it is not an immediate risk call 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE), or 604-872-3311.

If there is an immediate risk, call 9-1-1.


BC Hydro

To report power outages or for information on power restoration, call 1-800-224-9376 or visit For New Westminster, call 604-239-6100.


BC Residential Tenancy Branch

For questions about tenancy laws or to get help with landlord/tenant disputes call 1-800-665-8779 or apply for dispute resolution online.


BC Wildfire Service

To report wildfires that fall outside the jurisdiction of a local fire department, call 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 from a cellphone. Call 9-1-1 if you are unsure about who to call – the call taker will refer you to the BC Wildfire Service if required.


Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre

Report fraud or cybercrime to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. If you have experienced fraud or a fraud attempt but did not lose any money, call 1-888-495-8501 or report fraud online. If your information has been taken, please also report to Equifax (1-800-465-7166) and Trans Union (1-800-663-9980). If you have lost money, please also report it to the RCMP non-emergency crime reporting online or call 604-985-1311 during business hours. Check out this helpful guide.



For information about road conditions and closures, to help plan your driving route, or for other road infrastructure information, visit or call 5-1-1.


HealthLink BC

For non-urgent health information and advice, and where to find health services, call 8-1-1.



To report involvement in a motor vehicle incident, where there are no injuries or imminent threat to public safety and all vehicles are drivable, call 1-800-910-4222 or make a claims report online.


Local towing companies

For missing vehicles, please contact local towing companies to check if the vehicle was towed before reporting it to your local police non-emergency line.


Municipal Services

For all questions or concerns related to city bylaws, missed garbage pick-up, broken water mains, noise, litter, graffiti, illegally parked cars etc., visit your local municipal website: City of North Vancouver or District of North Vancouver.


North Shore Community Resources

To find supportive programs and services for North Shore residents, including Child and Parent programs, Seniors and Caregivers resources and services, Community Services and legal services, call 604-985-7138 or visit


North Shore Family Services

For counselling support, programs and resources for youth, LGBTQ+, families, seniors and caregivers, call 604-988-5281 or visit


Supports for Seniors

To arrange for home and community care services contact the Vancouver Coastal Health Home and Community Care Access Line at 604-986-7111.

Seniors First BC provides support on legal matters and abuse concerns. Call 604-437-1940 or visit



North Vancouver is home to a wide variety of wildlife, and the responsibility for wildlife rests with a number of different agencies, depending on the situation. To find out how to report a sighting or get information about wildlife in North Vancouver, visit the City of North Vancouver’s website or the District of North Vancouver’s website.



Share |