Dispute Your Bylaw Violation Notice or Ticket

To dispute a bylaw ticket, you have several options:

  • Visit cnv.ezpayca.com, enter your Bylaw Notice number, and complete the online form for dispute. 
  • On the reverse of your ticket, complete all fields under BYLAW NOTICE DISPUTE and submit the completed form to the City either by mail, in person, or taking a photo and emailing it to bylaw@cnv.org.

Tickets must be paid or disputed within 14 days of issue (i.e., received at City Hall). The amount owing will remain on hold until the review process is completed. If you dispute your ticket and it's found to be valid after adjudication, you'll need to pay the full amount of the ticket plus an adjudication fee of $25. Note: a paid ticket or a ticket in collections cannot be reviewed.

Next Steps

After your dispute form has been received by the City, a Screening Officer will review the evidence and either cancel or uphold the ticket. The Screening Officer will contact you to advise of their decision.

If the ticket has been upheld you have the following  options:

  • Pay the ticket at the discounted penalty rate.
  • Request an adjudication hearing. This hearing with a provincially appointed adjudicator will review the evidence and allow for your input. If the ticket is cancelled as a result of adjudication, no funds will be owing. If the ticket is upheld after adjudication, you will be required to pay an Adjudication Fee of $25 as well as the discounted penalty rate for the ticket.

Contact Info 

Questions about the bylaw dispute process? Contact us.

Phone: 604-982-8302 | Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 5:00pm
Email: bylaw@cnv.org

Share |