Pier FAQs

How do I access the piers?
A waterfront walkway leads you from the base of Lonsdale Avenue and Esplanade to the two piers. Only pedestrian traffic is allowed on the Burrard Dry Dock Pier and St. Roch Dock.

Are rollerblades, skateboards, and bikes allowed on the piers?
No. This is to ensure your personal safety, as well as the safety of pedestrians and boaters.

Are dogs allowed on the piers?
Yes, dogs are permitted provided they are on leash at all times. Dog owners are also responsible for cleaning up after their pets and contributing to the maintenance of the new piers.

Is there parking available near the piers?
There is a parking lot adjacent to the Shipyards site.

How much does it cost to dock my vessel at the piers?
The Burrard Dry Dock Pier is reserved for major vessels such as naval ships. If your vessel is an oversized one, contact the Wharf Manager to inquire about berthage/wharfage fees and obtain approval. The St. Roch Dock allows smaller recreational boats to moor on a first come, first serve basis. Moorage fees for the St. Roch Dock are available on our Pier Regulations page.

Can I hook up my vessel to sewers or electrical source?
No. Each vessel is responsible for its own sewer management. Please note that the City levies fines and penalties for those who dump refuse into the waters around the piers. Also, due to the number of vessels expected to dock at the piers, the City cannot accommodate every vessel's electrical needs.

Can I check in at the Pier as First Port of Call?
No. Please refer to federal regulations by visiting the Transport Canada website.

Can I use the promenade or waterfront to host an event?
The City welcomes community organizations, businesses and individuals to host public, private or corporate events at the Pier. Please visit our Pier Bookings page for more info.

Who do I contact about maintenance issues?
If you have questions or concerns about garbage or security related to the piers, please email theshipyards@cnv.org.

Who do I contact to express a noise or loitering complaint?
Please contact North Vancouver RCMP by phone at 604-985-1311 or email at nvanrcmp@rcmp-grc.gc.ca. If immediate assistance is required, call 9-1-1 for emergency service.

Where can I get additional boating information?
Visit the Vancouver Port Authority website for general and detailed boating information, as well as guidelines for moorage and boating safety.

Share |