Location: 120 West 14th Street, North Vancouver
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 9:00pm; Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm; Sunday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Parking: Underground parking $1.00 per hour.
Located in what is considered 'the heart of the City', the North Vancouver City Library encompasses 36,000 square feet of public space on three levels. It is a popular gathering place, welcoming a steady stream of visitors and garnering praise for its distinctive design, sustainable features and impressive library collection.
The Media Room
Home to an outstanding collection of DVDs, CDs and games, as well as listening and viewing stations.
Grab a chair and read your favourite magazines while enjoying the views to the Lions Gate Bridge and beyond.
Children's Reading Garden
Play in the reading garden, which features greenery, pebbles, toys, fun seating and ouchless ground covering.
Be sure to check out the graffiti art. Just for teens, this special room was designed with feedback from the library's Teen Council and includes game gear, study tables, and a 52-inch flat-screen TV.
Located on the main level to the left of the library's entrance, the Braza Library Café offers a variety of beverages and snacks. You can even bring your beverage inside the library.
For more information about the Library visit www.nvcl.ca.
The adjoining Civic Plaza is a unique and welcoming gathering place for residents and visitors. Civic Plaza has free WiFi available to the public during Library hours. The Plaza provides easy access to the library, City Hall, Lonsdale Avenue and the Central Lonsdale neighbourhood.
Civic Plaza features:
- Free WiFi connection ('PLAZAIR'). No password required.
- Public promenade connects Lonsdale Avenue, City Hall, the Library and Chesterfield Avenue
- Outdoor amphitheatre for seasonal events
- Café terrace and ample bench seating
- Water features and naturescaping
- Wilbur's Web by Alan Storey (library interior)
- Tree of Knowledge Donor Recognition Project by Muse Atelier's Nancy Chew & Jacqueline Metz (library/plaza entrance)
- Spirit Square Public Art by Marianne Nicholson (civic plaza)